Hollywood High School Alumni Association is in urgent need of volunteers.
We are in constant need of help. Alumni Day is a very big project alone and that requires many volunteers.
I never went to Hollywood High School, can I volunteer anyway?
The answer is an enthusiastic "yes!"
We are seeking help with projects that will send our young college-bound students off with sufficient funds to make it in the real world through our scholarship funds.
The precious and valuable time you donate will be used to ensure the success of our future community leaders who may never get there without our help.
Right now we need the following help and if you feel you are capable of assisting in these areas, please let us know:
- Membership committee: Helping us reach out to those persons who graduated from our school, ensuring their information is updated and that they receive periodic calls to confirm their contact information and interest in continued support of the Hollywood High School Alumni Association
- Events committee: Helping with live events such as Alumni Day and award ceremonies with operational matters such as event planning and organizing; staffing, registration, event setup, cleanup, etc.
- In-kind outreach committee: Reaching out to companies and individuals who are willing to provide the donation of services that we can use at our events or for our projects
- Archive and preservation committee: Highly skilled individuals who will be able to preserve and conserve (and possibly restore) historical objects for our museum and present exhibits, promote them, etc.
- Public relations and marketing committee: Individuals helping to reach out to the media, write public service announcements and release them to the various media and follow-up to see that they are receiving attention and focus
- Legal committee: Attorneys and paralegals who can help with the preparation of important legal documents that may be needed by the organization from time-to-time
- Government relations committee: Helping to convey our interests to various government officials and if needed lobby them for specific support as required; influence policy through consistent development of high quality fact-based positions on issues affecting Hollywood High School and the Alumni
- Graphics designers: Helping design the look and feel of what we are doing, printing and putting "out there"
- Copyrighting: Helping craft the words we put on various things, including our website and various membership materials
- Newsletter committee: Collecting photos, stories and interesting thoughts, putting them into a newsletter and submitting them for publication and printing or emailing
- Website committee: Creating web pages and helping design HTML email documents for our membership
- Memorials and correspondence committee: Creating pages to honor the passing of members and to re-type and prepare copies of correspondence for public enjoyment and reading.
We really need you. If you can volunteer in any of the above areas or are willing to simply stuff and address envelopes, a few hours or hundreds of hours are welcome. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your priceless time and consideration.